The WTI Map web application is a sophisticated application that should run fine on any reasonably current desktop computer's browser. It's known to work with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- Firefox (on Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Google Chrome
- Opera 9
The high-bandwidth WTI Map web application will not work properly with Internet Explorer 6 and older. Try the low-bandwidth WTI Map.
Using the Web Map Application
To Pan the Map
- While holding down the left mouse button, move mouse up/down/right/left, or
- Click on the map control arrows upper left corner of map - Pan Up, Pan Down, Pan Left, Pan Right
To Zoom In/Out
- Double click with left mouse button on area you wish to zoom. To avoid pop-up conditions, double click just above or just below the road.
- Using map control arrows at upper left corner of map - center map over area you wish to zoom with PAN controls and use + to zoom in and - to zoom out. You may need to pan to location after zoom.
- Using mouse wheel, forward zoom in, reverse zoom out. You may need to use PAN controls to center the map over the area you wish to zoom.
Note: At anytime you can zoom to a state-wide view by using the "Go Statewide" button in the left-side legend. In addition you can zoom to preset regions of the state by using the "Zoom To:" tool bar above the map. Using the browser back button will not zoom the map application back to last zoom level.
To View Conditions
Click on the road to bring up a pop-up of the text based description of the current road conditions. Please note that US/STATE routes that parallel an Interstate may not be visible at the full state-wide extent, but if conditions exist for those routes a mouse click in those areas will bring up both the Interstate condition and the parallel route conditions. As you zoom in conditions on those parallel routes will become visible.
As you pan and zoom the surface and atmospheric conditions will automatically refresh.
To View Closures & Alerts
By default Closures & Alerts are active on the map if they exist. You may turn on and off Closures & Alerts at anytime by toggling the check box in the left-hand side map legend.
Closures & Alerts are not automatically refreshed when panning and zooming the map application. To generate an update to Closures & Alerts please use the "Refresh Information" button in the left-hand legend.
To View Web Cameras
By default Web Cameras are not active. You may turn on and off Web Cameras at anytime by toggling the check box in the left-hand side map legend.
Web Cameras pop-ups will display current image. If a camera has multiple images available you may click on the image to open a new page with all available images for that camera.
To View Weather Stations
By default Weather Stations are not active. You may turn on and off Weather Stations at anytime by toggling the check box in the left-hand side map legend.
Weather Stations are not automatically refreshed when panning and zooming the map application. To generate an update to the Weather Stations information please use the "Refresh Information" button in the left-hand legend.
To View Construction Projects
By default Construction Projects are not active. You may turn on and off Construction Projects at anytime by toggling the check box in the left-hand side map legend.
Frequently Asked Questions